April 30, 2012

Simple goals for the week - UPDATE


 
Last week I had posted about some simple goals that I was hoping to complete throughout the week. If you missed the post here it is: http://tricia-snippets.blogspot.com/2012/04/simple-goals-for-week.html
Truth be told, I only started on my list on Saturday morning. Yes, I can be a procrastinator too (something else I'm working on :)

Here are the results;

1. Clean off the piles of clothing on my chair and in my closet (sadly I can be a slob). Organize my closet and purge all clothing that I no longer wear! -
  • Surprisingly, this didn't take as long as I thought it was going to. I turned on the radio in our room and worked away on this. I felt great getting it all finished. It probably took me about 40 minutes to get it all done.
2. Clean out the "kitchen junk drawer." Its gotten a bit out of hand. 
  • Confession: my awesome husband did this task. He's so good at being organized (hence why I am also trying to be more organized). While I was working on my closet, he took on this project. I was so impressed at how clean he got it. It is no longer a junk drawer :)
3. Clean off the piles of paper on our table. At one point it was cleaned but then slowly it has become a bit of a dumping ground (my fault).
  • This was the first thing I tackled on Saturday morning. It literally took me about 12 minutes to complete this. I actually set a timer and worked away. Once our table was clean and wiped down, you have no idea how happy that made me. Finally I could eat on it again, LOL. We enjoyed breakfast around the table as a family (the way it should be :)
4. Clean out our magazine rack and recycle what we no longer need.
  • I enjoyed this task and it was a quick one to complete. One thing I realized is that I have so many Kraft magazines. I didn't really throw them out as I love collecting them. What I did do was remove the ones that were out of season, and only kept the Spring/Summer issues out. The magazine rack is less cluttered and looks more appealing now.
5. Be in bed no later than 11pm (except for this Friday night. Were going to a dinner party :)
  • This goal wasn't completely fulfilled. I technically wasn't in my actual bed by 11pm each night, but I did fall asleep multiple times on the couch watching TV (or as Saj would say, the TV watching me). I still need to work on this area. And sadly, our dinner party was postponed but we have set a new date and I am so looking forward to our gathering. 

All in all I would say that it has been a great week of getting little things done. I'm happy with the results, and I'm hoping to keep things orderly. Happy Monday everyone!


No comments: