April 1, 2011

Locked my keys in the car along with my purse, cellphone and 6 month old baby -OOPS!

Oh what a day it was yesterday. This has never happened to me before. I guess its one for the books. So yesterday I went to my parents for a visit. When we arrived there I did what I usually do - turn off car, open door, take Isaiah into the house. Everything happened so quickly and still up till now I have no idea how it occurred. I opened my door and what usually happens is all of the doors automatically unlock once the driver's side is opened. I closed the door behind me and went to open the back door for Isaiah and it was locked. I thought to myself "this is strange." I walked over back to the drivers side and my door was locked. A surge of panic hit me. "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness, shoot, shoot", etc, etc where my thoughts. Isaiah was thankfully sleeping so he wasn't aware of what was going on. I knocked on my parents door in a panic and told them what had happened. I didn't even know the number for CAA. All that info was in my wallet which was in my purse locked in the car - ARGH!!!. I called Saj on his cell and asked if he could make the call for me - which he did right away. I felt so bad. How in the world could I do something like this, were my thoughts. Isaiah continued to rest while all this madness was going on. Well to be honest with you, once CAA was called we were feeling slightly better, but still anxiously wanted to get Isaiah out. I wouldn't have cared as much about the lock out if Isaiah was out of the car but because he was there I just couldn't fully relax until he was out. CAA came in less than 5 minutes - Praise the Lord. The guy had the door opened within minutes and we were all able to breathe a sigh of relief!

A huge thank you to CAA for coming through for us. Your service was excellent and we all appreciated your prompt service.

No comments: