September 1, 2010

Maternity Leave Begins!

Today is the first day of my maternity leave, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I've been really tired and pretty much useless at work for the past couple of weeks as I've been slowing down so much. My energy level is low and I would prefer to spend my days napping on our couch or watching TV, or reading a book. I am happy to be finished now so that we can focus on getting the last minute touches done for the baby. My mom washed all the baby clothes, sheets and blankets over the weekend which we are both so thankful for. Its so time consuming to do those things, but she was so happy to do it for us. My moms so great at helping out and I know she can't wait for this baby to come so that she can do even more. We were also blessed this weekend and got a glider for the nursery from someone. Its practically brand new and hardly used. We really wanted a glider but the cost can be so HIGH - so when we were blessed with this gift we were so happy and it does add a nice touch to the nursery.
Today I had a doctors appointment and had a great checkup. The baby's heartbeat was good and strong still. The baby is measuring in at about 8 pounds at this point. We can't even believe it. The doctor thinks it could be 9 pounds(but hopefully not that big -haha). Its so hard to believe that were at the 37 week point in this pregnancy. We got our wish which was to have this baby in the month of September and today is officially the beginning of September so were good to go at anytime now really. My official due date is September 21st - but the baby could come after that date (which I personally can't see). I guess time will tell for sure. We are so excited to meet this little person. I am really happy we didn't find out the gender of the baby. Its old fashion I know, but I love the surprise factor at the end of it all. We are so happy either way. We are truly so happy and blessed to have this opportunity to bring a baby into this world and begin a new chapter in our lives called "Parenting."

No comments: