October 15, 2012

Well its official…..I am in the “Smartphone” World!


Goodbye Flip phone…..Hello Smartphone!



It all happened over the weekend. My cell phone which I inherited from my sweet hubby (after my older cell phone of 5 years died) finally stopped working for me. I could still text and make calls out, but I couldn’t hear the person on the receiving end at times even though they could hear me. Oh yes, pretty ghetto. I did enjoy my cell phone and was happy to not pay for data usage. As my phone got worse and worse I decided (with the help of Saj) to finally leap into the Smartphone world. My phone provider has been hounding me for years to upgrade and I would always pass, but this past Saturday I finally took the plunge. The great thing about the phone that I got (which is the HTC) is that I didn’t need to “upgrade” my current phone plan or get a data plan. I get to keep my “grandfather plan” as they phrase it. If I want to add data I can always do that at another time, but I really don’t think that I will need it (at least that’s what I keep telling myself). I have Wi-Fi at work, at home, and it’s available in so many places these days. 

 I am very glad that I waited this long before jumping in. In the very beginning (maybe 2-3 years ago) I definitely thought that I wanted a Blackberry. As time went on I realized that the Blackberry just wasn’t the phone for me personally. I lost interest in it (no offense Blackberry users). Probably about a year ago I started looking at the Androids. I didn’t see myself as an Android user at all, but then the more I started looking at the different ones out there plus trying them out, the more interested I became. Before you IPhone users jump down my throat, just know that I think that Apple has made a great product (my hubby has the IPhone 4S & loves it). I did strongly think about getting one, but after much thought it just wasn’t the phone for me. At the end of the day the HTC was my preference and it completely suits & exceeds my needs. Its very user friendly with a ton of free apps and a great camera/video recorder (you know how much I love to take pictures:) and it’s so fast. I honestly don’t think I will use this phone to its full capacity. There is so much you can do with it which I love.

I have officially entered into this new “Smartphone World” and I love it!



No comments: